Tuesday, May 11, 2021

My Best Day in Education

 “To teach is to touch a life forever”


As I have been a teacher for eight years, I believe that there are some days where you just feel defeated.  Being an intervention specialist, I feel sometimes these days come far more than the opposite.  You believe you have an excellent lesson to teach, your students will perform well on a test, or you “think” a student understands the lesson you are teaching.  However, just in turn to find out the very opposite.  My students don’t do well on that test, students are confused on what you are teaching, or the lesson took a turn for the worst.  However, my ideal day does come every once in a while, and it is then why I am a teacher and I do what I do every day.

My best day in teaching consists of when students either visit me, write me a thank you note, or just tell me how much they appreciate me.  These days come, and they usually come when I most need them.  To me, touching the life of a student means way more to me than the data behind the grades, progress reports, and report cards.  Hearing, seeing, and reading these notes and messages for students creates the best day in education for me.  

                                                                                                        -Gail D.

No comments:

Post a Comment