As a math teacher I commonly am dealing with kids who are not very excited to be in math class. Even though I work hard to build strong relationships with my students, and try to bring some life and energy to my content, math still seems to be something that a lot of students simply do not enjoy. After being asked, "When am I ever going to use this..." countless times, it is nice when every once in awhile things turn out differently. On those rare days that all your students show up to class, are engaged, work hard, and take pride in what they are learning, it feels like you can truly make a difference in their education. Math content is actually used in a very wide range of professions, but I believe it is important to find useful ways to show students just how and when they might be using the math skills they are learning. Hopefully this website can help!
Bryce J

No comments:
Post a Comment