Wednesday, July 24, 2019

My Best Day

I, along with others that have posted, have a hard time picking just one day that sticks out as "the best". I try to find a little good in everyday and find that when I take the time to recognize and celebrate the little successes, my days become better. I teach for those little successes (and the big successes too!). I love seeing the "light bulb" go off for a child that has been struggling, or working very hard on a particular concept. I love to look back at previous assessments and see the growth my students are making. Sometimes that growth has not yet translated to mastery, or to an "A", but any type of growth is progress none the less. I love when I have a student tell me that I am the best teacher, or that they love coming to my class. I cherish when I am out and about in town and my students, both current and previous, want to come up and say hello because they are genuinely happy to see me. I love when my reluctant readers find a book that they want to read at all hours of the day, even if they aren't supposed to be reading at that moment. I had that student this year, he always had such a hard time finding books that he wanted to read. Then he found the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and absolutely flew through the series! I teach for the joy of my students. That is what makes me keep coming back everyday and that is what makes my best days the "best".

No comments:

Post a Comment