Monday, March 9, 2020

A Best Day in Education



When thinking of the topic “A Best Day in Education” student success instantly popped in my mind.  As educators on tough days we often ask ourselves “Why am I here?  Why am I doing this?  Did I choose the right profession?”  For me, I always remind myself of that student smiling or hearing that student say “I got it!”.  The best days in education for me is when I truly make a difference for students.  It’s those “Ah-ha” moments where students walk away knowing something they didn’t.  It’s those moments when students feel confident and walk away gleaming because they moved up a level in reading or they passed a math fact test.  Those little moments for students are big moments for me as an educator.  That is the answer to why I am here teaching and why I am doing this.  I care for student success.  No words could ever explain the feeling towards a student walking away feeling accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment