Friday, October 2, 2020

A Best Day in Education

A Best Day in Education

Kate G.  

In my 18 years of teaching fourth grade, there have been many “Best Days”! In recent history one of my best days also came on one of the worst days. One of my best days came on March 18, 2020, the last day before the COVID shut down. I had been a master teacher to one of my former 4th grade students during the spring. I was so happy to be sharing my knowledge with this wonderful young lady. My student teacher had recently interviewed for a position on our staff and nailed it! I was so proud of her poise, her knowledge and her responses during the interview. I got approval from the administration to be able to offer her the position. Working with the remaining students in our class that day, we concocted a plan to surprise her with a sign that read “You’re Hired!” Needless to say, it was such a touching moment and a bright spot amidst the fear and sadness of the day. We recorded the whole thing and she was able to share the moment with her friends and family. I am so proud to now call her my colleague. We are working hard together to provide our students with the best distance learning experience we can.



Video of Job Offer

No comments:

Post a Comment