Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Best Day In Education: Middle School
I have had many amazing days in my teaching career. I have been teaching for 8 years now and I truly love every minute of it! I started my career teaching 1st grade and stayed in this grade for five years. Then I moved districts and taught Kindergarten for one year- wasn't such a large change. BUT THEN, the following year I was moved to seventh grade! Yes- from Kindergarten to seventh grade (large jump!). Let me tell you, I was extremely nervous and worried that I wouldn't do a good job as I have never taught older students. With all this said, my best day happened the week before we went to break in December 2021 - I had students complete an activity as a whole class in which I had them share what they are excited about doing in their break and to share some things they will do. Out of nowhere a student said, "Ms. R, I just want to say that i'm going to miss you tons during break. You are so much fun and the best teacher i've ever had!" This filled my heart with so much joy and emotions as I was worried for months if I was doing a good job as their teacher and felt as though I could do more. Suddenly, other students started to chime in saying the same thing and sharing things they appreciate that I do in the classroom and how they feel loved and cared for. Hearing all these things from my seventh graders meant the world to me and still does; i'm so happy that I was able to connect with them. I was so worried I wasn't doing enough and for them to share all these wonderful things was so sweet! That first group of middle schoolers truly changed me as a teacher and i'm so glad that they were my first group of kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment