Monday, April 9, 2018

A Best Day in Education!

I've always been told that teaching is one of the most rewarding careers out there.  It wasn't until I actually began my teaching career that I got to understand and appreciate the truth behind that saying.  Although I am only in my fourth year of teaching, I have had many experiences and stories to share, mostly about the hilarious things kiddos say or come up with, but a few things I'll never forget.  My best day in education was a simple thank you coming from my class that I had the previous school year.  Everyday in math, we would skip count by singing songs or using rhyming patterns.  The repetition kind of got to the kids and they could practically do it in their sleep.  BUT, it was beneficial to them as we were learning facts and becoming more fluent.  The next year, those same students moved on to fourth grade, and when they realized how the skip counting songs had helped them to do more complex math, they came running back to my room after school and thanked me for helping them multiply and use what they already to know to help make things easier for them in fourth grade.  It was such a satisfying moment to have previous students come up to you and personally thank you for what you've done for them.  Sometimes, it's truly the little things!  Teaching is such an awesome super power! 



The link below is from the famous Kid President and talks about heroes and being yourself.  Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgF1Enrgo2g

Amanda T


No comments:

Post a Comment